Friday, October 31, 2014

Busy week

The Rosie the Riveter button was quite the hit for Halloween. That button easily became my best seller so far.

This week, I decided to finally try out a new project for possible items to make for my shop. I've decided to experiment with resin pendants. I'm pretty sure that none of the pendants are going to be fit for sale, but it's a good learning set. I think. I made them at my parents' house during my regular crafting time with my mom, so they are still over there curing. I will check on them this evening when we take the kiddos over there for trick or treating.

My big disappointment with the first experiment is that I had about an ounce of mixed resin I couldn't use because I only had one mold. I didn't want to go crazy buying tons of molds and find out I hated the process, but I probably should have mixed for one and had a second for overflow so I didn't have to waste so much. But, this is part of why this is called a "learning process". I'll know better for next time.

I have also made a few new buttons for the shop. This is one I made using a picture of a Perler bead creation I also made:



I like that I was able to incorporate something I made into a button I designed. I'd originally tried to put the words over the block, but it just wasn't working right, so this is what the final product ended up being. I'm pretty pleased with it overall. Here is a link to the listing if you're interested in taking a closer look.

Have a safe and happy Halloween/Samhain. I am taking a gerbil and an Enderman trick or treating this evening. What costume are you and/or your kids wearing, if any?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails