Friday, July 17, 2009

My First Listing


When I post my listings on Etsy here, I tend to post new listings, but today I'm showing off the first thing I ever listed. I really like the colors of this bracelet, but I've been unsuccessful in getting a picture that shows the true color of the blue aventurine. It's called blue aventurine, but it's actually purple. It's not even that blue that people sometimes mistake for purple, they are a deep, beautiful purple. But, whether I use sunlight or lightbulbs, I haven't been able to get the true color to show up in my pictures.

In all honesty, I thought that this would be the first thing I sold, and that it would sell quickly. That's why I listed it first. When I showed it to my friends, as I often do with new things I've made, it got a lot more positive response than pretty much everything I'd shown them. Part of this is probably because, like me, a lot of my friends really love purple. ;)

So, I wanted to bring this one out into the spotlight again, and give it another chance. The color of the aventurine is still not right (the color of the glass beads is), but I took new pictures that I hope showcase it a little better. I've also put it back up in the "featured items" in my shop so everyone who stops by will see it first.

If you'd like to get a closer look at it, you can click here to see the listing in my Etsy shop. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails