Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day of 2nd Grade



Today is my older daughter's first day of 2nd grade. She'd been saying most of the summer that she didn't like school and didn't want to go. After going to orientation yesterday (where we also had to say hello to her 1st grade and kindergarten teacher), she started to get excited. This morning, she even wondered what she'd learn at school today. :)

For being the first day of school, the morning ran fairly smoothly. We had one minor hiccup, however. Yesterday, I let both my daughters pick out any headband they wanted while we were out shopping for school supplies and school clothes (nothing like the last minute, right?). One of the things my older daughter had been looking forward to is wearing her new headband to school.

With all the hustle and bustle of getting her out the door for the bus stop on time, we all forgot about the headband. Fortunately, she realized this at the bus stop and not at school so the minor meltdown about it got out of the way before she got on the bus.

The picture above is her getting on the bus. I feel a little sad about her getting on the bus for school, but I'm also glad to be back to having only one daughter at home during the day. My younger daughter will be going to school next year. I don't know what I'll do with myself when I have NO kids at home during the day!

And, to celebrate my daughter's first day in 2nd grade, a ONE DAY SALE in my Etsy shop!

Buy any item in my shop and get the 2nd item (equal or lesser value) HALF PRICE!

If you want to check it out, here is my shop.

Sale ends at midnight tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails