Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Flower Pot



A few weeks ago, I won this beautiful flower pot from LePinkChandelier in a contest. I'm not much of a gardener, but I thought LePinkChandelier's flower pots were very pretty. I try to be kind to plants and not take them into my care because they almost always end up dying. Other than an aloe plant I bought a last summer and a snake plant (also known as a mother-in-law tongue) that my daughter wanted, I haven't managed to keep a plant alive for more than a few months. The poor aloe plant almost didn't make it because I took "water infrequently" seriously and didn't water it all winter (Ok, I admit it, I actually just forgot).

So, when I actually won the contest (a very nice surprise), I wasn't sure what I was going to actually *do* with the flower pot. I briefly thought about giving it away as a gift to someone who can actually take care of plants, but it was so pretty I didn't want to part with it. So, I looked at the coffee mug I've been using as a "temporary" pen holder for months and decided it was time for something more permanent.

The drainage hole in the bottom meant that anything I tried to put it it could fall out the center, so I cut out a piece of cardboard the right size and put it in the bottom of the pot. That did the trick and now it holds all my pens, pencils and scissors very nicely, and now I can look at my beautiful flower pot anytime I'm on the computer or need a pen. :)

LePinkChandelier has more flower pots in the "upcycle" section of her shop as well as many other lovely and useful items in her shop. I especially like her upcycled envelopes, like these Vintage Map Envelopes. If you'd like to see more from her shop, click here!

1 comment:

  1. cool prize! i like that you picked a use for it that suits you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails