Monday, August 24, 2009

What I Did This Weekend


This weekend was fairly productive. I got a lot of housecleaning done and my husband got a lot of yard work done (as always, there's plenty more to do, of course). We played board games with the kids.

The game we played this weekend was a yard sale bargain (gotta love those). Only $3 for a like new set (it is just missing one Life card, and there are enough of those that one isn't going to be missed). The game is Life: Twists and Turns which is a new (to us) version of Life that comes with an electronic device for spinning and keeping track of scores. The board itself is also quite a bit different, as are the cars. The game was way above our 4 year old's head, but the 7 year old (mostly) kept up with it. We all had fun, although our 4 year old kept trying to drive her car all over the track, hehe.

Not too surprisingly, I also made jewelry this weekend. :) The picture above is everything I made Sunday that I haven't had a chance to list yet. It's a mix of items I made with beads I wasn't sure what to do with and ideas I've had for a while. I won't tell you which is which though. I'll leave it to your imagination to decide.

When I have beads I'm not sure what to do with, I will often just take them out and play with them until I come up with something I'm happy with. I have to say, what I came up with this time I am VERY happy with, and am tempted to keep it for myself. However, if I kept every piece I was tempted to keep, I'd have no shop and too much jewelry!

I did get a chance to list three items I made over the weekend (and they are not pictured above). These two bracelets were inspired by something I saw on the show Firefly:

Red, Blue, Green Glass and Turquoise bracelet

and

Red Glass and Turquoise Bracelet


And, this moon necklace is similar to some others I have made and sold:

Green Moon Necklace

So, a very productive weekend, both at home and for my shop!

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails